Thanks so much for praying for my time at Winter Conference. It was truly one of the best conferences I’ve ever been part of. Here’s why:
- the speaker challenged everyone who came to step back to think and pray about God’s specific purpose for their lives. With medicine being so intense, this “bigger picture” praying and thinking is absolutely critical.
- the weekend for me was essentially one big conversation with many students and physicians! I was able to have in-depth, undistracted conversations with nearly every one of my key students who were able to come.
- during our campus group times (where we process what God is showing us as a campus fellowship) with Drexel and PCOM, God was clearly at work. Here are a few snapshots:
- [Through tears] “I can’t believe that I’m going to be a real doctor [upon graduation] in just five months, and I haven’t thought through all the ethical issues Dr. Stevens mentioned in his talks. I’ve really got to work and pray through those issues.”
- “I’ve been so lonely as I’ve been away on rotations. I can’t tell you how good it is just to see you all here again!”
- From a student who knows the Lord, but has been disconnected from Him, and the campus fellowship: “This weekend has been really good for me. I’m going to be more involved with the fellowship back on campus now.” I also had the chance to speak about this student with his father, a physician who was attending the conference.
- I led a communion service on Sunday morning that God blessed richly. It was a wonderful way to seal God’s work in us throughout the weekend.
- God used the many interactions I had with students throughout the weekend to get many excited about our medical bible study and dinner, hosted in our home, coming up this Saturday. We expect our largest crowd ever!
As you can see, God was at work in powerful ways, no doubt largely due to your prayers. Please pray for me as I encourage the students to live out what they learned, as well as for our bible study and dinner this Saturday at 6pm.
Thanks so very much for your prayerful partnership!
Bryan & Sharon Stoudt
PS Please pray for Sharon and the kids, who were unable to join me due to illness.