As I write, the first of 170 students, physicians and other healthcare workers from around the Mid-Atlantic region are slowly filtering in here at Sandy Cove, the site for our annual Winter Conference. Located on the shores of the Chesapeake, Sandy Cove provides an ideal backdrop for a restful getaway.
I’ll update you on all that God does during our time here later, but I want to ask you to keep me, and everyone here, in prayer for the next two days. Here are some specifics:
- Pray for God to pour out His Spirit on our time here – everything that’s good, and lasting, comes from Him.
- Pray that God would give those who come deep rest. The students in particular are exhausted from a grueling semester, and another one is already underway.
- Pray for me as I have conversations throughout the weekend. Over 50 are here from Philadelphia, so this is a strategic time of connection for me. Pray that I would be sensitive to God’s Spirit on a moment-by-moment basis!
- Pray for our speaker, Dr. David Kim, a physician who leads a community health center in Staten Island, NY. (For those of you who are familiar with Esperanza in Philadelphia, they are very similar). His theme is “Faithful God, Faithful Presence”, and we all need to be re-impacted by what he will share.
- Pray that God would use the Christian community here to strengthen, encourage and challenge itself. We are trusting that God will be at work during simple interactions over mealtimes, free time, and late-night talks.
That’s all for now. Thank you so much for standing with me in prayer!