As I write, the first of 160 students, physicians and other healthcare workers from around the Mid-Atlantic region are getting ready for our annual CMDA Winter Conference at Sandy Cove. Located on the shores of the Chesapeake, Sandy Cove provides an ideal backdrop for a restful and renewing getaway.
I’ll update you on all that God does during our time here later, but I want to ask you to keep me, and everyone here, in prayer through Monday. Here are some specifics:
- Pray for God to pour out His Spirit on our time here – everything that’s good, and lasting, comes from Him.
- Pray that God would give those who come deep rest. The students in particular are exhausted from a grueling semester, and another one is already underway.
- Pray for me as I have conversations throughout the weekend. About 45 are here from Philadelphia, so this is a strategic time of connection for me. Pray that I would be sensitive to God’s Spirit on a moment-by-moment basis!
- Pray for our speakers, Drs. Paul & Susan Lim, physicians who have both domestic and foreign medical experience. Their theme concerns joy in the Christian life, something we all need more of!
- Pray that God would use the Christian community here to strengthen, encourage and challenge itself. We are trusting that God will be at work during simple interactions over mealtimes, free time, and late-night talks.
That’s all for now. Thank you so much for standing with me in prayer!