Thanks, everyone, for your prayers for this past weekend’s Northeast Winter Conference. God really answered your prayers!
– We had over 190 students and practicing professionals in attendance, with roughly 30 from the Philadelphia area. We heard several challenging messages from Dr. Shari Falkenheimer on the theme ‘The Life Cycle of the Christian Doctor’.
– This year, Dr. Elaine Eng offered physicians and dentists an ‘attendings track’ where professionals could enjoy times of teaching and sharing specific to their unique stations in life.
– Now that Sharon is our ministry assistant, she (and our children) joined me this year for the entire conference. She had the opportunity to spend lots of meaningful time with our female students in particular.
– We were also excited to have Deborah Moss, a local nurse practitioner and council member, in attendance for the weekend. She does a great job connecting with the students and has played a vital, visionary role on our ministry team!
– As always, our favorite part of the conference was spending time with those from our area, especially the students. Late Saturday night, about 20 of us went out for our traditional ‘Denny’s Run’. The guys and I sat in the infamous corner booth and had an extended conversation about what God had been teaching us over the past year.
Thanks so much again for your prayers throughout the weekend. Only God knows just how vital you are to this ministry!
Bryan & Sharon
For prayer & praise:
- Praise for a wonderful Winter Conference! Please pray for lasting fruit among those who came.
- Please pray for our campuses as leadership transitions will take place over the next few months. Pray for me (Bryan) as I help new leaders come onboard and develop a vision for ministry over the next year.
- Praise for all that Sharon is doing in her new role as ministry assistant. She is such a blessing both administratively and relationally!
- Finally, please pray for our Community & Relationships Seminar (Sat., 2/8). Together with Deborah and others, we hope to lay out a biblical foundation for relationships that is also deeply practical. We plan on covering relationships and community in general, but also romantic relationships, which we hope to put in that larger context.