First, a quick welcome to new students, residents, fellows, and professionals. We’re so glad that God has led you to Philly!
We’re here to help you stay connected to God and other believers in healthcare so that you can thrive and love the people around you for Christ. Yes, it’s possible, even during your training. 😄
Here’s a quick overview at what’s next coming up so you can plan ahead.
July 8 – Summer cookout and prayer (5p at the Stoudts’ home); bring a side or dessert. For everyone in healthcare, any level of training. Friends, significant others, kids, etc welcome.
- 12 – Summer cookout and prayer. Details are the same as our July 8 cookout.
- 25 – Welcome bible study brunch (9:30a at the Stoudts’ home). Home-cooked breakfast, large group bible study and small groups for healthcare students and residents around the city.
- 8 – Welcome bible study brunch. Details same as Aug. 12 brunch.
- 28-29 – Fall student and resident retreat (Fri dinner – Sat dinner at The Welcoming Place in the Lancaster area).
October 20 – bible study brunch.
November 8-10 – Global Missions Health Conference (Louisville, KY). In partnership with MCO, we caravan down together to the largest medical missions conference in the world. If you have any interest in domestic or international missions, it’s worth going!
December 1 – final bible study brunch of the semester.
January 18-20, 2019 – CMDA Northeast Winter Conference (Sandy Cove Conference Center; Northeast, MD). Great worship, teaching and times of fellowship for anyone in healthcare throughout the Northeast United States. Registration open now!
Spring brunch dates – TBD, but will be roughly every 3 weeks.
June 2019 – Medical missions trip to El Salvador (dates TBD). Each year, a team of 25-30 heads down to El Salvador for an amazing week of medical missions. We will help you raise your support, and have a limited number of partial scholarships. Roles for most healthcare-related disciplines (all levels of training) and non-medical folks, too. Learn more at the 2018 trip page.
We’re here to support you in any way we can, so just let us know what you need and we’ll do our very best. May God bless you richly in the year to come!
PS The easiest way to stay in the loop is through our Facebook pages:
- brunches (largely student-focused)
- residents & fellows
- general CMDA Philly page