If you’re just arriving to Philadelphia, we want to give you a warm welcome! (Even though we’re known as the ‘City of Brotherly Love’, that may not be your first impression.)
Whether you’re a new student, resident, fellow or practicing professional, we’re so glad that God has led you here. Our passion is to come alongside you and help you serve Christ, and the people around you, as much as we possibly can.
You’re coming to Philly at a great time. God is really at work in our healthcare community!
- In April, we held our first banquet and 190 people came out to learn more about, and support, God’s work in and through our healthcare community. There’s a lot of momentum as we look forward toward the fall!
- Just this past month, we launched our first group for professionals at the home of two local professionals. The group is open to all allied health, dental and medical professionals and residents, and plans to meet regularly, focusing on transforming, personal relationships.
- In the fall (August-September), we’ll kick off our fall bible study brunches for students and residents around the theme of Growing Closer To God Even When Life Is Crazy. The brunches take place every 3 weeks in the home of our area director and feature a great home-cooked meal, home-roasted coffee and opportunities to connect with the Lord and healthcare folks from all around the city.
- On September 30-October 1, we’ll hold our annual student and resident fall retreat. Just over 24 hours, the retreat is a fantastic time to get away from the grind and remember why you chose healthcare in the first place.
- As we head into the New Year, we hold our annual CMDA Northeast Winter Conference over the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend (Fri. 13th-Sun. 15th). Students, residents and professionals from DC to NYC gather together for great food, fellowship, teaching, worship, and yes – relaxation.
- June or July 2017 – we anticipate holding our first-ever international missions trip in Central America through Global Health Outreach, CMDA’s short-term missions arm. Stay tuned and let us know if you have interest!
As you can see, God is doing great things in and through us. We feel so thankful that God has called you to Philadelphia for this next stage of your journey.
Please let us know how we can serve you, and, help you as you settle in!